You can click on the image below to open a new browser tab opened to the Wikipedia page on John Adams.
Chapter 5 – A New Look at Federalism
- The Conundrum of Federalism
- The Exclusive Power of Judicial Review
- The Constitution as a Living Document
- State Tax Power versus National Tax Power
- The Constitution, the Senate, and the States
- How Can We Solve the Conundrum?
- The Ultimate Authority
Chapter 6 – The History of Mixed Government
- The Cycle of Ancient Government Forms
- The Cause and the Cure of the Cycle
- Mixed Government and John Adams
- Mixed Government in the Ancient World
- Mixed Government in Great Britain
- Mixed Government and the Magna Carta
- Mixed Government in Early America
- The Disappearance of Mixed Government
Chapter 7 – A Proposal from John Adams
- Liberty Requires Representative Democracy
- Representative Democracy or Elective Aristocracy?
- Representative Democracy Undermines Liberty
- The Great Gap in our Understanding
- John Adams’ Solution to the Conundrum
- A Very Strange Boxing Match
- Adams Clings to Mixed Government
- Conditions for Success
- The Power of a Number
This site is for discussing how to improve our political system. It is NOT for discussing party politics or political figures. So if you have a non-partisan question or comment, feel free to leave it below.