You can click on the image below to open a new browser tab opened to the Wikipedia page on John Adams.
Chapter 11 – Old Societies and Old Balances
- Ancient Society and Class Struggles
- The Ancient Form of Social Group Alignment
- The Principles of the Ancient Form
- Further Defining the Principles
- Problems with the Ancient Form
- America’s Rejection of the Ancient Form
- Monarchy and the Ancient Form
- Democracy and the Ancient Form
- Aristocracy and the Ancient Form
Chapter 12 – The Great American Experiment
- The Origin of the Separation of Powers Doctrine
- The Origin of Checks and Balances
- Parliament, the Embodiment of British Society
- Parties, the Embodiment of American Society
- Parties Are an Unavoidable Evil
- The Best Laid Schemes o’ Mice an’ Men
- Deceiving the Public for the Public’s Good
Chapter 13 – A New Society and a New Balance
- Three-way Divisions of Power
- Contrasting the Three-way Divisions of Power
- The Founders’ Desire for the Ideal of Equality
- Three Social Divisions in a Two-Class Society
- The Founders Looked for a Natural Aristocracy
- The Natural Aristocracy Never Materialized
Chapter 14 – A Second Proposal from John Adams
- A Natural Aristocracy or a Natural Monarchy?
- The Rise of Monarchy, Capitalists, and Nations
- The Wilting of the American Rose
- What Went Wrong?
- Standing on the Knife-edge of History
- The Trappings of Wealth
- Geniuses, but not Prophets
- The American Oligarchy
- Are We a Democracy or Just a Bureaucracy?
- Where Can We Go from Here?
This site is for discussing how to improve our political system. It is NOT for discussing party politics or political figures. So if you have a non-partisan question or comment, feel free to leave it below.