You can click on the image below to open a new browser tab opened to the Wikipedia page on Thomas Jefferson.
Chapter 8 – Consolidate or Divide Power?
- Central Control or Local Control?
- Conventional Wisdom or Haldane’s Principle?
- Big or Small Governments?
- Unity or Diversity?
- Individual or Community?
- Alone or Together?
- Does Technology Work Against Us or For Us?
Chapter 9 – A Fork in the Road
- The Consolidation of Power into the Center
- From Consolidation to Corruption
- From Corruption to Tyranny and Injustice
- The Division of Power out to the Periphery
- From Community to Self-Government
- From Self-Government to Liberty and Equality
- The Two Choices before Us
Chapter 10 – A Proposal from Thomas Jefferson
- Local Government
- Direct Democracy
- The Chaos of Our Current System
- Jane Jacobs’ Vision of Community Organization
- Communities as Units of Culture
- Citizen Control versus Expert Control
- Local Sovereignty and Federalism
- From Bi-Federalism to Tri-Federalism
This site is for discussing how to improve our political system. It is NOT for discussing party politics or political figures. So if you have a non-partisan question or comment, feel free to leave it below.